‘Leadership – Perspectives from the Front Line’, edited by Theo H Veldsman and Andrew J Johnson, features a chapter by Regenesys Dean Dr Penny Law.
The book is described as the most comprehensive and ‘biggest’ business leadership book yet published in South Africa.
With 89 contributors, 56 chapters, more than 1000 pages and featuring a foreword from Advocate Thuli Madonsela, the book addresses leadership from every possible angle.
‘Leadership: Perspectives from the Front Line’, offers a holistic overview of leadership. The book is divided into 12 sections to cover all aspects of leadership:
- Leadership as strategic organisational capability and intervention
- Ways of understanding leadership
- The unfolding leadership context
- Leadership excellence
- Branding and profiling leadership relative to the unfolding context
- Leadership identification, growth and development
- Leadership dynamics and transitions
- Leadership wellbeing
- Leadership outcomes and impact
- Leadership stories
- A leadership lament
- Looking ahead: the future of leadership
Dr Law has written a chapter on Spiritual Leadership, which explains the facets of spiritual leadership and how one’s higher purpose directs your life path.
This is an extract from her chapter:
Asking the following questions can help one determine one’s higher purpose:
- If money were of no concern in your life, how would you spend your time?
- What is your raison d’être, your reason for existing?
- What are your key strengths and talents, identified by you and others?
- What deeply motivates and inspires you?
Can you answer the questions? Do you know your higher purpose? Read on for further details.. Click Here